Colfax Corporation Health, Safety and Environmental – Vision, Policy, Goals
Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Vision Statement
The protection of human health, personal safety and environmental quality rank at the highest level of importance to Colfax Corporation. We operate in a diligent and responsible manner consistent with other world-class corporations and aligned with our stated HSE business goals and policy. Colfax empowers and supports our associates in their ongoing efforts to prevent accidents of all kinds and to promote a safe environment wherever they go. We use comprehensive management systems to demonstrate our commitment to Health, Safety and the protection of our Environment and to the principles of our HSE Policy, bringing value to our associates, customers and the community.
HSE Policy Statement:
- Colfax actively and visibly manages HSE risk and performance elements in our operations. We meet or exceed statutory requirements in fact and in spirit.
- Colfax carries our culture of total associate involvement into HSE applications and responsibilities. Colfax’s associates are engaged, supported and accountable in their roles in order to meet HSE objectives and to foster safety and environmental protection at work. Colfax encourages our associates to extend HSE awareness to their activities away from work.
- Colfax strives for the prevention of problems and we set a zero target for accidents. We subscribe to a prevention-based HSE philosophy backed up with risk management and contingency planning. Investigations of accidents and upsets are conducted as an extension of our commitment to continuous improvement.
- Colfax associates conduct themselves in accord with the rules and cultures of our hosts, ranging from entire communities to specific work sites. Guests visiting Colfax are provided with the information and protections necessary to ensure their visit to Colfax is safe and productive.
- Colfax is conscious of our potential impact on the environment, our demand for resources and the life cycle impacts from our products and operations. From design to delivery, we will seek opportunities to conserve resources and minimize detrimental effects on the environment internally and externally.
- In all aspects, Colfax Corporation will be driven by our core values of environmental protection, safe working conditions and good corporate citizenry.
Colfax Corporation will….
- Know the site-specific HSE requirements. Have an organized means to attain them and to detect additional requirements or risks.
- Have clearly defined roles, responsibilities, tasks, checks, procedures and other
tools to systematically carry out HSE objectives.
- Have an active and engaged work force that incorporates HSE into their daily work priorities.
- Enable effective stewardship of EHS affairs at all management levels. Communicate company strategy and vision in order to align HSE with business goals and vice versa.
- Constantly improve measures used to mitigate the potential to cause environmental impairment or harm to human health.
- Improve performance as measured by accident statistics and other meaningful metrics. Set goals and objectives to drive continuous program improvements, striving for excellence consistent with or superior to the performance of the top quartile of our business peers.